What We Know
Did You Know?
According to Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) data, adult obesity rates now exceed 35% in seven states, 30% in 29 states and 25% in 48 states.
According to research youth with mentors are more likely to:
· Stay away from gangs, criminal activity, and drugs/alcohol
· Have higher grades, graduate from high school, and go off to college
· Have positive self-esteem and fight depression
· Stay abstinent and have better behavior in school
· Hold leadership positions
Public speaking is among America’s top phobia, with that
of people say they are afraid to speak in front of a crowd.
Through Gameface 4:13 Public Speaking Training Program we can close the gap on fear of public speaking and build upon youth’s self-confidence in the area of leadership and critical thinking.
Did You Know?
Each year, students lose two or more months of grade-equivalent skills in reading and math if they do not participate in rigorous, structured educational activities during the summer.” -Low Income.
According to research youth with academic mentors are more likely to:
· Close the gap on lower-income students falling behind and losing more of academic progression.
· Close the gap on decreasing math scores due to summer learning loss.
· Close the gap on decreasing reading score due to summer learning loss.
· Close the gap on returning students who score significantly lower on achievement levels due to summer learning loss.
· Decrease the amount of re-teaching educators cover in school due to summer learning loss.
· Align and support school districts academic goals and policies by practicing and achieving academic gains in core academic subjects of: reading, writing, and math,
Why Do We Believe Spiritual Training is Important?
We want to change the game in how youth sports are played and teach kids ethical values that will build them to be successful leaders. We encourage youth to use their talents to glorify God by Use their sport to serve and influence others in a positive way.
Our approach to using biblical principles and teaching character education will:
· Narrow the gap on lack of ethics, moral, and integrity within the lives of young people in the community.
· Develop and foster an atmosphere of love, encouragement and support
· Will encourage and teach kids to serve within the community and develop values that narrow the gap on materialistic goals and selfish individualism.
· Teach kids to use their sport to influence others in a positive way.